Introducing Follow-Up Manager
Better patient care. Reduced practice liability.
When there’s an incidental finding on a radiology report, our new Follow-Up Manager reminds your practice and your patient of the possible need for clinical follow-up.
The radiologists at RIS understand that not every incidental finding necessitates intervention, and we will always do our best to provide you the most insightful information possible to help your patient avoid unnecessary biopsies and/or over-treatment. However, some incidental findings can be life-threatening to your patient, and we now have a way to help keep these unexpected findings from being overlooked.
Consider the following:
- In recent years, litigation surrounding incidental findings has increased dramatically and there are now attorneys specializing in this area.
- One study has shown that 12% of cases of potential malignancy on incidental findings were not followed up appropriately.4
- A delayed or missed diagnosis increases risk and liability for the provider, and can result in poor outcomes for the patient.
- Busy physicians need a solution that includes protocols to inform patients of incidental findings and prompts follow-up.
- RIS’ Follow-up Manager reduces the risk of a delayed diagnosis and our advanced Clinical Analytics helps us to identify clinically significant findings.